“Fast and fantastic freelance writing – on time, every time”
Pet & People Blogger, Freelance Copywriter, Ghostwriter, Author
shannon @ shannoncutts.com
Subject Matter Expertise
- Pets (Exotic Animals, Companion Animals, Wild Animals, Nature)
- People (Relationships, Careers, Spirituality, Health, Mentoring)
- Places (Travel, Life)
- Professional (Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Finance, IT, Writing)
- Possibilities (Ask me if you don’t see your topic listed here)
- Bachelors of Business Administration, The University of Texas at Austin, May 1994; Concentration: Marketing
Happy Client Testimonials
We are so grateful to have the opportunity to work with Shannon for all of our article writing needs. She is an excellent writer with amazing research and story-telling skills. No matter the topic, Shannon is keen to write beautiful, detailed content within our set deadlines for our clients. Her work is well written, on-time and above all of our expectations. A pleasure and honour to work with her! Madelyn Clarke – Marketing Strategist and Creative Coordinator, OSM Online Sales & Marketing
Shannon is an excellent writer and a highly valued member of our team. She follows instruction well and produces articles that are well researched and easy to edit. Her tone is friendly and approachable. She is a great author, and an absolute pleasure to work with. Lucy Easton – Editor, Red Cat Media
Shannon Cutts came to me at Be A Freelance Blogger with one of those pitches every editor dreams of receiving: It was polite, followed the guidelines, stayed on topic, and — most important of all — had a FRESH take on the chosen topic. The written drafts that followed were equally stellar. Shannon never complained about needed edits (we’re very picky at BAFB) and remained positive throughout the publishing process. Her finished article is a polished gem and is currently one of my personal favorites. And she even stuck around to answer comments from readers! If you’ve got a blog in need of good writing from a writer with a positive attitude, give Shannon a try! Lauren Tharp – Editor, Be A Freelance Blogger
Shannon is one of the most reliable writers I’ve had the pleasure of working with. Not only is her work comprehensive, but she is also able to successfully discuss a variety of topics in the style we prefer. I don’t have to worry about editing too much with Shannon’s articles, and I’ve consistently trusted her skills in research and writing for special projects. She always accepts feedback with enthusiasm and is able to produce quality pieces quickly. We truly value her perspective and hope to continue working with her! Evelyn F. Romans – Managing Editor, Contributor Network, The Krazy Coupon Lady, LLC
Shannon is an accomplished writer, and her words have the ability to connect easily with all people about important issues, including recovery, learning, personal growth, health, wellness, and more. I enjoy working with Shannon – in addition to her writing skills, she is a kind, creative and insightful person who takes very personal ownership of each project and is not satisfied until I am satisfied. Kimberly Krueger, MSW, LCSW – Owner, Southlake Counseling
Shannon is an amazing writer; conveying heartfelt emotion and humor while keeping her grammar impeccable. A Digital Editor for many years, I always give a little sigh of relief when editing Shannon’s work because I know I will hardly have to do a thing! Jessica DiGiacinto – Editor, Psych Central
I was very impressed with Shannon’s work. She had the assignments in a day or two before they were due and I didn’t have to fix even one article of hers. She has followed all the directions that we requested and it made my job that much easier. Thank you very much! Stephanie Ward – Blog Post Coordinator, 360 Enterprises, Inc.
Shannon is a clear thinker and good writer. She’s written articles we’ve published in our newsletter and is one of our most consistent and popular bloggers at EatingDisordersBlogs.com. Her enthusiasm and great energy come across in her writing and in our collaborations. We love working with her! Lindsey Hall & Leigh Cohn – Editor-in-Chief & Publisher, Gurze Books/Bulimia.com
Shannon has been a pleasure to work with on Psych Central, and has regularly blogged with us for several years. During that time, she has been reliably writing engaging and often thought-provoking articles about the mentoring process. It’s been an eye-opening experience for me, and I’ve appreciated her excellent writing for our company. John Grohol, PysD – Founder/Editor-in-Chief, Psych Central
Current & Recent Clients
- OSM Online Sales & Marketing
- Anything German Shepherd
- The Happy Puppy Site
- The Labrador Site
- Anything Rottweiler
- Totally Dog Training
- Squeaks & Nibbles
- Dogs.net: The Wonderful World of Dogs
- Prince of Price
- Animal Hub
- The Happy Cat Site
- Beyond Words
- Writers Weekly
- Be A Freelance Blogger
- The Krazy Coupon Lady
- Things Women Want
- Text Link Brokers
- Southlake Counseling Center
- The Writers Network
- The Dollar Stretcher
- The Feel Better Network
- Eating Disorders Recovery Today
- Eating Disorders Hope
- Media Shower
- The National Cockatiel Society Journal
- Author, Waffles & More: A Love & Feathers Recipe Book
- Author, Love & Feathers: what a palm-sized parrot has taught me about life, love, and healthy self-esteem
- Author, Beating Ana: How to Outsmart Your Eating Disorder and Take Your Life Back
- CD Producer: You Are Not Alone: The Book of Companionship for Women With Eating Disorders, Vol 2
- Contributor, Ed Says U Said: Eating Disorder Translator
- Contributor, The Diary Healer: Using Writing as a Therapy for Eating Disorders Recovery
Blogs & Websites
- Mammalz for Nature Lovers: Creator Partner
- ShannonCutts.com: Love + Feathers + Shells + Writing + Recovery + Life
- Love & Feathers & Shells: a cockatiel, tortoise, box turtle & their girl
- MentorCONNECT: where relationships replace eating disorders
- The Huffington Post “Mentoring” Blog
- Psych Central “Mentoring & Recovery” Blog
PETS – Writing Samples
- Animal Instincts Are Human Instincts
- Pandemic Lessons from Pets
- Animals Can Be Highly Sensitive Too
- Who Needs Who? How Pets Became Pets
- Animals Are Just Like Us! They Seek Pleasure and Avoid Pain
- Random Acts of Kindness from Parrots
- How to Protect Your Pets If You Die First
- Is the Octopus Self Aware? You Decide
- Freedom Versus Safety: A Box Turtle Mama’s Dilemma
- Best Dog Backpacks – Get Your Dog to Help Carry the Load
- Are Female Rottweilers Good Guard Dogs: Does Gender Matter in a Protection Dog?
- Why Is My Dog Not Eating And What Should I Do?
- Do Dutch Shepherds Shed: the Long, Short and Hairy Truth
- Big White Dog Breeds – 12 Big White Dogs From Around the World
- Saarlos Wolfdog – A Really Wild Pet
- Do German Shepherds Bark A Lot? Your Guide to GSD Barking
- How Much Does a Puppy Cost to Buy and Keep?
- Pom Terrier – The Pomeranian Terrier Mixed Breed
- Great Names for Female Puppies
- 4 Ways to Save on Toys Your Pets Will Love
- Petcube Bites Review (featuring Flash Gordon)
- Best Large Dog Beds
- Lemon Beagle Facts
- Best Food for French Bulldogs
- Can Dogs Eat Broccoli?
- Best Puppy Food – A Guide to Choosing A Good Dog Food For Your Pup
- Why Dog Puzzles Are the Perfect Replacement For Rawhides
- Healthy Dog Treats That Will Make Your Pup Go “Woof!”
- Puppy Crates for Puppies With Separation Anxiety
- The Quest for a Truly Indestructible Dog Toy
- Me, My Dog & I: When Your Furry Companion Is Also Your Best Friend
- Cockatiels as Pets – Will They Be Your Perfect Pet?
- Lovebird Lifespan – How Long Do Lovebirds Live?
- Best Cage for Cockatiel – Find the Best Cockatiel Cage for Your Friend
- What Do Lovebirds Eat? The Best Food For Lovebirds
- How Much Do Parrotlets Cost?
- DIY Parrot Toys – Simple, Fun And Easy To Make Ideas
- Best Cockatiel Toys For Keeping Feathered Friends Entertained
- How Much Does a Sun Conure Cost?
- Chicken Names – 220 Adorable Ideas for Naming Perfect Poultry
- Calico Cat Names – 250 Great Ideas for Naming Your Calico Kitten
- Cat Quotes – 35 of the Best Cat Quotes for Every Cat Lover
- When Do Cats Stop Growing – A Complete Kitten Growth Guide
- How to Clean a Cat’s Ears – A Guide to Cleaning Cat Ear Wax and Dirt
- Smartest Cat Breed Revealed – Do You Have a Clever Cat?
- Cat Dry Skin – Causes and Cures for Cat Dry Skin and Allergies
- Fluffy Cat Breeds – Discover the Fluffiest Kitties Around the World!
- Best Cat Food for Older Cats – Choosing the Right Senior Cat Food
- Why Does My Cat Knead Me?
- Cat Love Bites – Why Do They Do That?
- How Long Can You Leave A Cat Alone? Days to Weeks – Where is the Cut Off?
- How Big Do Guinea Pigs Get? A Guinea Pig Size Guide
- DIY Guinea Pig Toys – The Best Guinea Pig Toys You Can Make
- Short Haired Guinea Pig Breeds
- Best Rodent Pet – Your Top 10 Tiny Cuties
- Best Rat Cages – Find The Right Home For Your Rat
- Violet Chinchilla – Fun Facts And Interesting Information
- 21 Hamster Safe Foods To Share With Your Tiny Friend
- Pony Names – 360 Amazing Ideas For Your Little Horse
- Chinchilla Vs Guinea Pig – Which Is The Best?
- How Many Babies Do Mice Have In A Litter And In Their Lifespan?
- Albino Ferret – What Their White Coat And Red Eyes Are Telling You
- Best Gerbil Bedding For Keeping Them Comfy And Cozy
- Do Rabbits Eat Grapes?
- Best Toys For Rabbits – Your Top 20 Rabbit Toys
- Do Hamsters Hibernate? A Guide to Hamster Hibernation
- Wild Hamsters And Their Habitat – Where Do Hamsters Come From?
- Can Ferrets Swim? A Guide To Ferret Swimming
- Treats For Ferrets – Choosing The Best Ferret Treats
Turtles & Tortoises
- Everything You Need to Know About Box Turtle Hibernation
- Caring for Your Red-Eared Slider Turtle
- Red Footed Tortoise Diet – What To Feed Your Pet
- What Do Turtles Eat: A Nutritional Guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Feeding Your Box Turtle
- Sick Turtle: Does My Tortoise Need a Vet?
- Box Turtle Pet Facts – 22 Amazing Things About Box Turtles
- Should You Get a Box Turtle for a Pet?
- Box Turtle Basics: Facts To Get You Started
- The Difference in Turtles and Tortoises As Pets
Reptiles & Fish
- What Do Corn Snakes Eat – The Best Food For Your Snake
- How to Care for A Bearded Dragon – A Simple Bearded Dragon Care Guide
- Is A Pet Gecko The Right Choice For You?
- Cool Fish Names – The Best Names For Funky, Fabulous Fish Owners
PEOPLE – Writing Samples
- Have You Been Shame Slammed? What It Means & How to Deal
- How to Respond When Someone Shares Their Personal Story
- Yes, You Can Meditate in Bed (and 4 Other Unusual Ways to Meditate)
- 10 Reasons Having Kids May Not Be for You
- Size Does Not Equal a Healthy Body
- All About That Bass – Or Is It?
- Why I’m Glad I’m Not Famous Like Megan Fox & Jodie Foster
- Lady Gaga, Naso-Gastric Tubes and My Commitment
- How to Be a Good Mentor
- Mentoring as an Essential Component of Recovery
- Making the Most of Mentoring to Achieve Your Goals
- I’ll Take You There: Mentoring as a Roadmap
- 7 Steps to Building a Quality Mentoring Partnership
- How to Be a Good Mentor
- Preliminary examination of a mentor-based program for eating disorders
PLACES – Writing Samples
- 5 Beginner Tips for Car Camping
- Explore the Great Outdoors in West Texas
- Life Lessons from a Little Red Cardinal
- Climbing Self Respect Peak
- Camping After 45 and Why I Want to Do It Again
- How to Refine Your Palate to Discover Wines You’ll Love
- Stemless vs. Stemmed Wine Glasses: Which Glassware is Right for You
PROFESSIONAL – Writing Samples
- How to Write and Publish a Book
- Slam Dunk! My Self-Published Book Has Already Earned More…
- 6 Crucial Freelance Lessons from Writing for Content Mills
- 3 Tips to Save Big on Bestselling Books
- Use Balance Transfers & Never Pay Credit Card Interest Again
- 3 Kinds of Donations That Give Back to You
- 3 Simple Steps to Organizing Your Couponing Strategy
- Branding During the 2020 Global Pandemic
- Want to Transition to a Remote Business Model? Don’t Do These 3 Things!
- Is Your Website Serving Your Customers Well? How to Know & What to Do
- Ask me if you don’t see your topic listed above here